2016 Animal Intake and Adoption Statistics:
Inventory as of January 1, 2016
Total Animals Cared for in 2016
Total Sent to Rescue
Total Died at Shelter
Catch and Release (Cats only)
Inventory as of January 1, 2017
Total Spayed or Neutered at Shelter
Total Intakes from City of Corinth
Total Intakes from Alcorn County
Total Intakes from City of Farmington
Average Cost per Animal in 2016
The shelter receives most of its operating funding from City of Corinth, Alcorn County and City of Farmington. The remaining budget is met by private donations from individuals and businesses, grants from foundations and trusts, and various fundraising events.
City of Corinth
City of Farmington
- To help offset rising costs in wages, taxes, utilities and vet services, an intake fee of $15 was implemented in February 2017. While there has been some resistance to the fee, most people have been fine with this new procedure. In many cases, additional donations above the fee have been made.
- Due to the serious overpopulation of stray animals in our area and the limitations of our facility, we have instituted the following intake protocol:
1. Intakes from Police, Animal Control, Fire or EMS, and Supervisors and District Workers are given priority and animals from these are always accepted.
2. Intakes of animals in distress are given priority.
3. Intakes from individuals are taking according to availability.