Young adult dogs: $65
Adult dogs: $50
Adult cats: $30
Barn cats: $15
The adoption fee includes:
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Age appropriate vaccines
- De-worming treatments
- Heartworm testing (adult dogs only), FIV/Leukemia testing (cats only)
- Skin treatments
- Preventive healthcare
- Microchip ID (for dogs and puppies only)
- Follow up calls/visits
How to adopt from us?
At the Corinth-Alcorn Animal Shelter, we recognize that pets, like people, are individuals. Our adoption process helps ensure that each pet and family we match enjoy a long and rewarding relationship. We have designed an adoption process that strives to make sure each owner and pet we match enjoy a long and rewarding relationship.
If you are considering adopting, you will be required to complete an adoption application and undergo a screening process. This determines that the pet is a good match for you, your home and your lifestyle. We also discuss the details of your situation with you in depth. For example, if you rent, we would need to know that your landlord approves of pet ownership. If you have children and pets in your family, we’ll make sure the adopted pet is compatible.
In processing your application, we want to make sure that you have:
- An appropriate home for a pet (if renting, an agreeable landlord)
- Conditions that match the pets requirements
- A lifestyle that allows you to provide adequate attention and exercise (time commitment varies by breed)
- Financial resources to feed and care for your pet (expenses vary by breed)
- A realistic understanding of the demands of pet ownership which can differ greatly based on the animals age and the breed selected
- The Corinth-Alcorn Animal Shelter reserves the right to deny any adoption application for any reason. Applicants must show a current valid ID and are subject to a background check.
Why adopt from us?
Adopt, don’t shop! There are so many thousands of homeless animals in our community and even nationwide and worldwide. They deserve homes, and they deserve to know love, comfort and family. And you deserve to know the joy and unconditional love that comes with a rescue dog or cat.
You can depend on our staff to responsibly screen our animals for sound health and temperament. When we receive an animal, our staff works to collect a thorough history of that pet. Staff and volunteers try to learn as much as they can about each pet’s behavior, training, temperament and any special needs.
Do not be discouraged if, when you first visit the Corinth-Alcorn Animal Shelter, there are no animals of the breed or type you want. We receive new animals daily. Before choosing your pet, you can even speak with an staff member about whether your choice of a particular type or breed will be best for you.
Our adoption fees are much less than the purchase price at a pet store or breeder, and it includes your pet being vaccinated, de-wormed and spayed or neutered if it comes from us.
If you are serious about adopting a dog or cat, talk to us first. We are a great place to start.
Corinth-Alcorn Animal Shelter partners